Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Another Step Towards Racing - The Buell Racebike



There it is.

Kindly delivered this afternoon by Shawn Higbee himself. Now it's my track bike. Used at the Daytona 200, the bike had a couple of impromptu body mods done at New Jersey Motorsports Park, so it's not a picture-perfect bike, but it's the more than enough to start racing locally.

Yes, it likely would have been smarter to start in the 250cc class at Willow Springs Motorcycle Club events, then work up to the bigger bikes, but my Buell prejudice is showing. I didn't just want to race. I want to race Buells.

I've always looked to get the best equipment, whether it was sports, military gear or IT equipment. Now without equipment as an excuse, I've got to develope the skills to match the bike.

It's going to be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Congrats Wolf & Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete