Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Racer Notes - Privateer's Garage = Great Customer Service

Yesterday I had a brief exchange of e-mails with the guys at Privateer's Garage about a few things I needed for the Buell 1125R race bike. I'd seen the Woodcraft front stand, and the Woodcraft site specifically said their stand would work on my bike.

I asked the guys at Privateers for a quote, and got one back in minutes. Kyle also let me know he could get me the Vortex front stand for the same price, and why he liked the Vortex stand.

I thanked Kyle for his help, and let him know I'd take his advice and go with the Vortex stand.

This afternoon, I got an e-mail letting me know my new Vortex stand had been delivered to Privateer's Garage and was ready for pickup any time.

Now that's good customer service. No, wait- it's great customer service. That's how a new business makes it in a tough economy. I wish every town had a shop like Privateer's Garage, and I'm not shy letting people know when a business treats me right.


Total cost to race thus far:
Race bike (Buell 1125R) $6.500.00
Vortex Front Paddock Stand (incl. tax): 173.99
__________
Total so Far: $6,673.99
Number of races run: 0


Do you know a local business that deserves recognition? Let everyone know by leaving a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment