Monday, January 11, 2010

New Logo for Erik Buell Racing

Yesterday at about nine in the morning, an image of what was supposed to be the new logo for Erik Buell Racing was posted on a brand-new Facebook page. Being the skeptical sort, I held off mentioning it right away.

The logo was picked up and reposted on the Buell Sportbikes Facebook page and Erik Buell's personal Facebook page. Erik Buell made a few posts after that without refuting it, so I think we can safely say this actually is the new logo for Erik Buell Racing.

Here it is:


It's clearly derivative of the last Buell Motor Company logo, shown below. That logo was very favorably received when it first came out. The new logo has already had mixed reviews.



I thought the Buell Motorcycle Company logo was great. It was classic and would likely have stood the test of time. I feel the new Erik Buell Racing logo is oddly proportioned, with an oversized head and a vaguely 70's feel to it. I also question the choice of the mixed-weight font.

I do like that they've gone from a white pegasus, to a black one, much like the logo we've used for the SoCal Buell Riders Club for a while now, and I like the almost poetic symbolism that all Buells are dark horses now.

How do you feel about the new logo? Let us know by leaving a comment!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the newer logo because it's reminiscent of the side profile of an 1125R in the heat of a race battle.

    I never cared for the prior logo because it was too reminiscent of the HD Bar & Sheild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Motorcycle Company logo was great. It was classic and would likely have stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this logo is looking good and i am sure this one is looking best on my
    Dissertation writing servicesthis website

    ReplyDelete